Recommended Chinking, Caulking & Sealant Applications
Chink-Style Log Homes – new construction or logs of ≥ 19% moisture content
- Triple Stretch Chinking: 100% elongation minimizes de-bonding and tearing associated with excessive shrinkage and movement.
Chink-Style Log Homes – restoration or logs of ≤ 19% moisture content
- Triple Stretch Chinking: Very durable and only slightly less easy to tool than 1010, and a little longer cure time; actual elongation of 100%.
Full Scribe (Swedish Cope) Logs – Tongue & Groove Logs – D-Logs
- Triple Stretch Chinking: Gives an authentic chink style look when wider lines are desired. Apply over bond-breaker backing material.
- UV Guard Textured Caulking: 150% elongation and matte, textured appearance are very appropriate when a narrower bead with a blended, natural appearance is desired. Tools beautifully. A small backer is recommended.
- UV Guard Premium Caulking: Over 200% elongation provides optimum flexibility for joints where no backing is used. Finish is smooth and matte, not shiny.
Siding – Log or Sawn Slab
- Triple Stretch Chinking: Recommended for wider chink style joints in siding applications.
- UV Guard Textured Caulking: Recommended for use in all siding joints, but especially suitable for narrower lines, or where no backing can be used.
Corners – and other dynamically moving joints
- Triple Stretch Chinking: Recommended for corners in dry log construction were shrinkage is normal.
- UV Guard Textured Caulking: Recommended for use in corners, etc. in gree log construction, where shrinkage may be substantial and backing may not be used.
- UV Guard Premium Caulking: Recommended for many uses, such as butt joints, corners, sills, and plates.
Door and Window Openings – and other intrusions
- UV Guard Textured Caulking: Provides a textured, matte appearance with less shrinkage.
- UV Guard Premium Caulking: Has a smooth, matte appearance and maximum flexibility.
Checks in logs
- UV Guard Textured Caulking: Will provide a durable, water-resistant, and elastice seal.
- UV Guard Premium Caulking: Will provide a durable, water-resistant, and elastice seal.
Swedish Cope, Single and Double Tongue & Groove and Flat on Flat Log Applications
- Redi-Set® Between Log Sealant: Specifically designed for use between log courses during stacking.
Please request a Weatherall Application Booklet prior to application of sealants.
Ordering and Shipping Policy
Minimum order is $25
FREE Shipping on orders over $100
20% Shipping Charge on orders $50-$99
30% Shipping Charge on orders $25-$49
If you are shipping outside of the Continental United States, please call us with your order so that we can calculate the appropriate shipping method and price.